Any contractors conducting business activity in Delaware are required to register with and obtain a business license from the Delaware Division of Revenue.
Is a business license required in Delaware?
Yes, a State of Delaware business license is needed in addition to any professional licenses. Please visit the Division of Professional Regulations to see which professions require additional licensure.
How do I become an independent contractor in Delaware?
What Do You Need To Become a General Contractor in Delaware?
- Register your business with Delaware’s Department of Revenue.
- Obtain proof of unemployment insurance and a Worker’s Compensation policy.
- Provide a Federal Employer Identification Number.
- Disclose your number of employees and payroll information if applicable.
How much is a small business license in Delaware?
Delaware business licenses cost $75 a year for your first location and $25 for each additional location. You have to pay it by the end of each year, and can pay for up to 3 years at the same time.
How do you check if a contractor is licensed in Delaware?
You can search on line to see if your contractor is licensed with our Contractor License Search. The search results will provide the Licensed Contractor and the authorized trades. For any Contractor Licensing questions, please call (302) 395-5420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register a small business in Delaware?
Register Your Business
- Determine if you need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service (I.R.S.).
- Use the Delaware Business One Stop Online system, to get three important tasks accomplished online: Obtain your General Business License from the Delaware Division of Revenue.
Do I need a business license if I have an LLC?
In most states, forming an LLC doesn’t require a business license, but you’ll need to follow your state’s procedures. An LLC requires registering with the state and filing the appropriate forms. But even though you don’t need a business license to form an LLC, you probably need one to operate the LLC as a business.
How do I get a business license in Delaware?
To obtain a Delaware business license:
- Visit Delaware’s One Stop Business Licensing and Renewal service; or.
- Complete and remit the Delaware CRA form or call (302) 577-8778 to obtain one via mail.
How do I get a general contractor license?
In order to obtain a license you are required to:
- Show proof of insurance.
- Show proof of a Surety Bond.
- Provide financial statements.
- Show proof of 4 years of work experience within the last 10 years in a related field.
- Pass trade, business, and law exams.
How do I become a general contractor?
Here are the steps to become a general contractor:
- Determine your career goals. A general contractor can work with a variety of projects, including new residential homes or commercial buildings. …
- Pursue an education. …
- Earn a license. …
- Get experience. …
- Apply for jobs. …
- Communication skills. …
- Math skills. …
- Problem solving skills.
How do I start a sole proprietorship in Delaware?
To operate a sole proprietorship in Delaware, you do not have to register with the state. Also, you can conduct your business using your own name instead of an assumed or fictitious name, or a trade name. You must, however, formally register with the state if you use a name that is different from your own name.
Who pays gross receipts tax in Delaware?
A. Delaware’s Gross Receipts Tax is a tax on the total gross revenues of a business, regardless of their source. This tax is levied on the seller of goods or services, rather than on the consumer. Gross receipts tax rates currently range from .
How do I report a contractor in Delaware?
To find out the status of your complaint during the complaint process, you may call (302) 744-4500 or email Investigations.email@example.com.